One of the most prominent and legendary Hindustani vocalist of India Pandit Bhimsen joshi. Pandit Bhimsen Joshi is the descendant of "Kirana Gharana" stream of Hindustani classical music which he enriched by adapting characteristics from other gharanas and adding his own distinctive taste to it. What made him distinctive from his contemporaries was his ability to balance between the traditional music and mass culture taste. This probably best explains his success as a Hindustani vocalist in terms of largest commercially recorded repertoire. Blessed with fine musical sensibilities and brilliant hold of fundamentals, his powerful voice, amazing breath control, rhythmic stance, and intelligent fusion of passion and creativity has marveled all who have heard him play. He was a purist by heart and did not experiment much with his music which was marked by spontaneity, accuracy and unbelievably fast paced taans. In year 2009, he was awarded as Bharat Ratna, the highest and prestigious recognition for a civilian in the country. Pandit Bhimsen Joshi was also conferred with numerous other prestigious and coveted awards. This is an attempt to take his legacy forward.
- Spread Across the Legacy of music created by Bharat Ratna Awardee “Pt. Bhimsen Joshi Ji”.
- Identify and nurture the hidden talents and provide them a path to explore the World of ART
Why are ART Forms necessary for Every Human Being
- Art forms Help Compose personalities
- Integral part of personality development
- Reduces Stress
- Creates a Positive Mental Attitude Leads to growth in other aspects as well
- Gives a differential perspective of life
- Channelizing energy in a Positive manner
- Creating Fun and Productive environment